World News

Virginia Giuffre’s family responds to Andrew’s arrest: ‘He never became a prince’ – National

Relatives of the late Virginia Giuffre, one of Jeffrey Epstein’s most outspoken victims, thanked British authorities on Thursday after the former Prince Andrew was arrested on his 66th birthday on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

Giuffre said she was forced by a convicted sex offender and her assistant, Ghislaine Maxwell – who is currently serving a 20-year sentence for child sex trafficking – to sleep with the disgraced kingpin as a child.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor (his public name when he was stripped of his royal titles by his brother, King Charles III) has always denied Giuffre’s allegations.

“Finally, today, our broken hearts are lifted to the news that no one is above the law, not even royalty,” Giuffre’s siblings said in a statement.

The story continues below the ad

“On behalf of my sister, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, we extend our gratitude to the UK’s Thames Valley Police for their investigation, and the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor,” said Sky and Amanda Roberts and Danny and Lanette Wilson.

For news that affects Canada and the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you as they happen.

Get the latest country news

For news that affects Canada and the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you as they happen.

“He didn’t become a prince. For survivors everywhere, Virginia did this for you.”

Giuffre died by suicide in April 2025, shortly before the publication of his memoir, No Girl. He was 41 years old.

She revealed that Mountbatten-Windsor sexually abused her as a child.

A photo showing Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Virginia Giuffre together.

United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit

Giuffre publicly shared his experiences in interviews and in court more than 16 years before his death, and said the book helped him tell his story “in a way that gives context where it was sorely lacking.”

The story continues below the ad

In a lawsuit filed in New York in 2021, Giuffre said the alleged attack on Mountbatten-Windsor was orchestrated by Epstein, who he said had smuggled the former prince to him several times.

Mountbatten-Windsor denies the allegations but reached an out-of-court settlement with him in 2022.

Earlier this month, Thames Valley Police confirmed they were investigating allegations Mountbatten-Windsor shared trade secrets with Epstein in 2010.


Earlier, the Department said it was investigating allegations that Epstein flew a young woman to the UK to have sex with Andrew that same year.

In a statement, King Charles expressed his “deep concern at the allegations that continue to emerge about the conduct of Mr Mountbatten-Windsor.”

“While the allegations in question are for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to respond to, if contacted by Thames Valley Police, we stand ready to support them as you would expect,” the palace continued.

On Thursday, the Thames Valley Police said that a 60-year-old man from Norfolk, in the east of England, was arrested and kept in custody.

The force, which covers areas west of London, including Mountbatten-Windsor’s former home, did not identify the suspect – in line with standard procedures in Britain – but pointed to the statement when asked to confirm that Mountbatten-Windsor had been arrested.

The story continues below the ad

Mountbatten-Windsor moved to King Charles’ estate in Norfolk after she was evicted from her longtime home near Windsor Castle earlier this month.

After the arrest, Silo said that the law must take part in the investigation of his brother.

“I have read with deep concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the allegations of misconduct in public office. What follows now is a full, fair and appropriate process in which this matter is investigated properly and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and cooperation,” he said in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace.

&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button